The Crossroads story
Crossroads was founded in 1987 with the aim of producing the best possible wine from the iconic Hawke’s Bay in New Zealand.
Carefully selected parcels of land were developed for each variety to ensure the best care was given at every step in the process. Every decision today is made to ensure that Crossroads wines are great, not just good, and crafted without ever compromising quality.
Crossroads' signature wine, Talisman, reflects the belief that hard work and good fortune are closely linked and that only wine made with love can be truly great.
- First vineyards planted in Hawke’s Bay, the oldest New Zealand wine region.
- Crossroads starts with the purchase of land for a winery and vineyard.
- First Crossroads wine released.
- First vintage of our flagship wine, Talisman.
- The Gimblett Gravels Winegrowers Association formed.
- We develop the Kereru Vineyard and source bare land in the new Gimblett Gravels appellation.
- We redevelop the existing Home Block vineyard.
- We develop four high-density vineyards in the Gimblett Gravels appellation –Elms, Southbank, Mere and Bridgeman.
- We develop the remainder of the Home Block vineyard.
- Miles Dinneen comes on board as the Crossroads winemaker.
- First wines from our Gimblett Gravel vineyards released.
- We upgrade the Crossroads winery.
- Crossroads joins the Yealands Wine Group.